Generation Z obsession with K-pop




Gen Z's like me can relate to kpop idols in a lot of ways. Gen Z's are people born between 1997 and 2012. 

I was born in the year 1999, so I'm in this band. They write songs of hope, compassion, and other optimistic feelings for us to thrive as humans and grow up to be healthy adults with better jobs. Many kpop stars, like any of us, had it tough. As a consequence, we can relate. Gen Z, in my experience, has it tough. 


Here are my three reasons:



1) Social media standards

We are the tech generation, so I'd say about 3/4 of us have a smartphone that helps us to access social networking sites like Snapchat, Twitter, and Instagram. It has taken over our lives. Some of the girls I know at school want to keep up with the new trends to be "famous" and "liked." This means whatever is trendy at the moment, such as crop tops and leggings, Converse and Vans, and so on. We are becoming phony as a result of social media. I don't care what you think about it, but pretending to be someone else, so you don't get mocked is fake. Social media standards are compounding any children's mental health issues. Now, I'm not suggesting that all types of social media are evil. I'm just telling that I feel this century is going in the wrong direction.






 2) Society’s standards


 This is a depressing subject right now. Everyone should be okay, according to society. Both boys and girls are welcome. When you're slimmer than anyone because of  your   anatomy,  you're asked, "Why don't you pack   on  more weight?" You’re too skinny!” If you're   curvy or maybe a little bigger because that's   who you are, you'll be asked, "Why are you so   big?" You ought to shed a few pounds.” And it isn't just a problem for women and girls. It affects both boys and men. There is no such thing as perfection. And, to be honest, knowing this hurts. Society is incapable of dealing with transition or diversity. And people aren't pleased about it. Some people kill themselves to be "great" so that society does not chastise them. That, however, does not work. Society has plenty to say at all times.



3) School

Nowadays, school systems are dysfunctional; Bullying happens in the classroom and on social media with certain pupils. How are you going to get away from it? You can't unless you miss homework, give up your phone/technology, or, in the worst-case scenario, commit suicide. I've heard about children who committed suicide as a result of bullying. Bullying has been going on since Generation Z's ancestors were children, as far as I know. They didn't, though, have the technology to threaten people regularly. This so causing some significant issues in the mental health department. When Gen Z is faced with this regularly, we need a way out. As a result, the rest of us go to concerts. We finally came across kpop.








The music styles are vastly different from the traditional Western pop/rap played on the radio (at least I do anyway). BTS, my favourite Korean pop band, sings about optimism and self-love. They learn of the optimistic sides of life. They sing about the bright sides of life. They sing about the happy sides of life. They preach about how things are improving and how they are there to help us.

That is something that Generation Z children need. We deserve to know that everyone is watching out for us. And if you like BTS as much as I do, or ATEEZ, StrayKidz, MAMAMOO, Twice, NCT, and other classes, we are all in this together.

Kpop lovers watch out for one another. I'm speaking to the group's solidarity and how it could support other Gen Z kids who are going through stressful times. When I needed them, BTS was there for me. They informed me that I was in safe hands and that they would be there to support me. They told me I was going to be alright.

BTS' Suga didn't have much. He ended up trying to choose between dinner and a bus ticket. That is something that some children can relate to. And they strive to be like him after seeing what he has done. Everyone has made him their hero. And I believe that many of us are looking for someone to look up to.

I think that’s why many Gen Z kids like me love kpop because we found our outlet from living hell in our daily lives.


ARMYS MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION CLICK HERE FOR STICKERS!

Thank you for reading my first ever blog post!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False assumptions about BTS members.

Next kpop giant NCT, TXT, ATEEZ or Stray Kids?